Thursday, February 5, 2015

Icebreaker Meme

Happy Thursday, Owl! I really admire the way you were able to start out your portion of the blog with such a substantive, insightful post. I loved the insights that you had on video gaming and story-telling, and so many of your comments resonated with me.

I, however, am not feeling quite so substantive at the moment. So, please don't consider this a cop-out, but I'm taking a leaf out of High School Raven's book. When I was on DeviantArt, question-and-answer memes were quite popular, and I always loved doing them. Probably because I'm vain and narcissistic and love talking about myself. I found a bunch of old memes buried away on my laptop and I thought it  might be fun to recreate them. I thought about posting some of the old ones, as well, but I was kind of a twerp back then and I still want you to love me when you're done reading this, and I don't want to completely drive off anybody who might be reading this! (Hi, potential readers!)

So, without further adieu, let's play Getting to Know Raven By Asking Banal Questions and Hoping for Clever Answers!

Name:
Raven
Eye Color:
Mostly green, but the color changes slightly depending on what I'm wearing.
Shoe size:
I currently own shoes ranging from 7.5 in women's to 11 in men's. I don't know how.
Height:
5'4"
What brands are you wearing right now?
Sonoma, Apt. 9, and Izod. I'm in Lazy Day mode.
Favorite Number:
I have not given this sufficient thought.
Favorite drink:
Ginger soda
Favorite Month:
December
Favorite Breakfast:
Bacon, hashed browns, coffee, juice
***********Have You Ever*****************
Love/Liked someone so much it made you cry?
Yup.
Been in a police car:
Yeah...I got a ride home from a friendly cop because I almost fainted while taking a walk.
Came close to dying:
Not that I know of
Been in a hot tub:
Yup.
Fallen asleep in school:
No. I was too much of a teacher's pet.
Broken someone's heart:
Yes.
Cried when someone died:
Also yes.
Fell off your chair:
I once sat down and the whole desk-chair ensemble flipped. And then I fell off.
Saved e-mails:
Religiously.
Ever been cheated on?:
Not to my knowledge.
***********What is****************
Your room like:

Well, pretty much exactly like yours, Owl. Lots of anime posters (mine), lots of TFioS posters (hers), a bunch of Lego minifigures on my desk. Nice gaming rig my brother and I made set up on my desk. My keyboard glows blue!
Last thing you ate?
Um...Cheez-Its and Mountain Dew...
**************Ever Had****************
Chicken pox:
Nope.
Sore throat:
I get those a lot...
Stitches:
Nope, though I probably should have.
***********Do You****************
Believe in love at first sight?
Infatuation, yes. Love, no.
Like picnics?
Yes. Though more in theory than in practice.
Like school? 
Quite a bit.
***********Questions****************
Who was the last person you danced with?
Owl.
Who makes you smile?
Owl, my friends and family, my parents' adorable kittens.
***********Who****************
Did you last yell at?
Movie reviews in the paper
Do you wear contact lenses or glasses?
Both. Currently lenses.
Do you like yourself?
Most of the time.
***********Final Questions****************
Favorite song?
Yankee Bayonet, by The Decemberists
What did you do today?
Went to class, watched Friends with Owl, wrote this. Gym later.
***********Random****************
Hate someone in your family?
No.
Good singer?
Oh, goodness no.
Diamond or pearl?
Pearl.
Are you oldest?
Nope. Older brother.
Indoors or outdoors?
Outdoors.
***********Today did you****************
Talk to someone you like?
Owl, our roommate, my parents
Get sick?
Yes. 
Sing?
Nope.
Talked to an ex: 
No.
Miss someone:
Yeah. (These are very boring answers. Sorry, Owl!)
Tell someone you loved them?
Yup!
***********Last person who****************
You talked to on the phone?
Owl.
Drove in the car with you?
Owl.
Went to the movies with you?
Owl. There's a trend to these things, you see.
***********Have you****************
Been to Mexico:
Yes.
Been to Canada:
Yes.
Been to Africa:
No.
***********Random (did we not already do this?)****************
Do you have a crush on someone:
Perpetually.
What books are you reading right now?
The Drowned Life by Jeffrey Ford, The Book of Magic
Best feeling in the world:
Not being sick. It's a foreign feeling to me, sadly.
Do you sleep with a stuffed animal?
No, but I have a small menagerie on a hammock in my room.
What's under your bed?
A box of costumes, a bunch of notebooks and textbooks.
Who do you really hate?
Nobody?
Do you have a job:
I write video game reviews online!
Ever liked someone you didn't have a chance with?
Yes.
Are you lonely right now:
Nope. Owl just got home!

Hope you learned something about me today, Owl. Any new facts about me here? See you Friday.

-Raven

No comments:

Post a Comment